Friday 5 February 2016

Carnival Camp starts tomorrow

Carnival Camp, so called because we have been running it every year since 1979 throughout the Brazilian Carnival period from Saturday to Ash Wednesday, when people rush to the mass to get an ash charcoal cross put on their forehead to represent forgiveness for all the drugs, booze and promiscuity practiced over the previous 4 days. It just doesn't fit with Christian principles so we get our youth out of it and make great healthy use of the days at Green Pastures which is a luscious green this year a result of the rain we've had.

This years theme is developing a Christian character. I will be preaching in the opening and closing services with other leaders speaking at the 5 others in between. I had said yesterday that my sermons were ready, but I didn't feel right with the second one and have worked more on it today and now feel good. It's now a bit longer and clearer I believe. 

I feel 90% better as I was a bit queezy yesterday. I had a good walk at Green Pastures this morning and helped with a few final touches for the Camp. Liz has been there again this afternoon. Now the band is back out there practicing. They are a dedicated bunch. PTL!

Please pray for us over the coming days from Saturday (Feb. 6th) to Wednesday (Feb. 10th). I will get what information I can to you via this blog and/or facebook depending on what internet signal I can get at Green Pastures.

No comments:

Post a Comment