Wednesday 3 February 2016

Hospital & Camp Sermons

I spent most of Tuesday morning at the Patos General Hospital helping my friend and Baptist pastor Fred. First of all the problem was to find him as I went where he ought to have been according to my information received. But he wasn't there! Fortunately being well known and a pastor I have a free run of the hospital at any time, and nurses and a doctor soon came to my aid to track down my friend who I eventually found still on a stretcher in the admittance section of emergency care where he had spent the night. He looked pretty pale and quite ghastly but thankfully he started brightening up as I chatted and supported him. Fortunately he had not got an exposed leg fracture as thought, but an exposed dislocated knee and quite a few other gashes needing stitches on his legs. Eventually he was put in a plaster, given a whole load of injections (one of which I was asked to help with!) and so I brought him home to rest for a few hours prior to a vehicle, which came from Conceição where he lives, arrived to take him home. He is going to sell his motorbike which could have cost him his life together with his wife and daughter who were all on it!

After this I started work on preparing my sermon for the opening night of the Camp on Saturday. I start and finish the Camp with sermons and I have now finished the opening sermon and now started on the closing one. I have also had a lot on with a number of church issues.

Liz went to Green Pastures with more supplies today. She never stops either. We had a good rain in Patos last night but none at Green Pastures unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment