Wednesday 10 February 2016

Carnival Camp ends in great blessing

I have just got back to Patos after a great 4th day of Camp yesterday - the best day of them all this time round. Pastor Max of the Independent Presbyterian Church preached on prayer in the morning and it was for me the sermon of the Camp! Superb! I preached at night on evangelism and we ended up round the Lord's Table together about 9.30pm last night. 

The kids insisted that they had a little bomfire after the final service as we always used to. We let them have a mini-bonfire led by grandson Lucas! It was very touching to see the kids give their testimonies round the bomfire.

This Camp has not been entirely easy because of one or two internal problems within in the team. It caused Liz and I a lot of stress and heartache but we managed to keep this secret from nearly all at the Camp so as not to hinder God's blessings on people's lives. Gratefully many came to us telling them how their lives had been touched during the event so PTL!

We are now very tired and have photos to sort out and lots of emails to answer. I managed to post something here on the blog during the Camp and on facebook. Unfortunately I still haven't managed to get an Internet signal working at Green Pastures but I am slowly eliminating possible options and hope I will soon have this fixed. To be able to post during the Camp I had to drive back to the outskirts of Patos to get a signal. Now I will, however, work on the Camp photos taken on my Nikon camera and put together an album or albums with better and more photos. All the photos posted on facebook thus far were taken on my mobile phone.

Thanks very much to those who prayed for this Camp. We sure needed it. It was a spiritual battle from well before it started and became increasingly so whilst there. However we feel God gave the victory and touched many lives powerfully. Liz and I just have a few "gunshot" wounds to take care of as a result of the battles!

No comments:

Post a Comment