Wednesday 29 July 2015

Just for you to have an idea!

Just for you to have an idea about the pressure I am under, with less than 4 weeks to go to lift off to the UK, let me tell you this briefly:

1. I have completed the 10 pastors list to preach on the Sundays I'm away and written a longish email to them all with some basic instructions about not preaching too long etc.!

2. I am also in the middle of preparing a sermon for this Saturday at the Curral Velho (Old Cow Pen) church when a deaconess from the Patos church contacts me via a facebook message to ask for help with interpreting the extermination of the Cannanites in Joshua 6:21 as she has to teach this in the Sunday School and doesn't know hope to cope - especially in the light of present day Islamic State's similar practices! Now look - that I just could not answer with 'let me get back from the UK'! I had to plunge deep into a massively  complex and difficult issue and help her! Oh Lord!

I do value your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment