Tuesday 10 February 2015

Feeling a bit wobbly

I value your prayers as I prepare my sermon for the last night of the Carnival Camp which starts this Saturday. I don't feel so well today having had a bad throat for a few days now. 

The team is all working like the clappers ready for the Camp. The easy way to remember when Carnival is each year is working backwards from Ash Wednesday. Ash Wednesday is the last day of the Camp and this immediately follows Pancake Tuesday (which I never have forgotten since my childhood with my Mum tossing the pancakes in the air). The Camp starts on the Saturday prior to Pancake Tuesday and Ash Wednesday! It couldn't be easier!

Ash Wednesday here is when the catholics go to mass to get their sins forgiven which they committed during carnival and the priest gives them a big charcoal cross sign on their foreheads to prove they are OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment