Wednesday 4 February 2015

Baptism at Ibiara

Liz and I travelled to Ibiara today which is a 2 hour trip each way to be present at a baptism of 6 from the EAB/ACEV church there in the local lake. A good group from the church went on a Wednesday morning! Local leader Ben Price baptized 6 including his own teenage son. It all went off very nicely and after the baptisms we had a time of praise and worship followed  by a session of questions and answers with the people asking Liz and I a wide range of questions. We then had a nice fellowship meal together.



Whilst I was waiting for the baptisms to start I scoured the area and thought I could see a different sort of duck in the distance as the orange beak was unmistakable and I knew I hadn't see this bird previously. However I had to concentrate on the baptism and everything that followed. Nevertheless after lunch I took off to see if I could find the orange-billed ducks. They had moved, but I managed to get near enough for a reasonable photo and back in Patos my field guide shows me that I made a first time register on the wiki-aves bird site of the Black-bellied Whistling Duck (Dendrocygna autumnalis).

No comments:

Post a Comment