2nd Timothy was written by the apostle Paul to Timothy, his younger co-worker in ministry and son in the faith. Paul was imprisoned in Rome and realized that his death was approaching as is clear from what he says in the epistle. This letter is generally regarded as Paul's final written message. Paul encouraged Timothy to remain strong in faith, preach the Word of God faithfully, endure suffering, and continue serving the Lord despite opposition.
Paul starts chapter 1 saying that "I constantly remember you in my prayers... I long to see you... fan into flame the gift of God which is in you... as God gave you a spirit of power, love and self-discipline... so don't be ashamed of Jesus or of me his prisoner... for his grace was given us in Christ Jesus... and he destroyed death and bought life and immortality to light in the gospel... for I know in whom I have believed... so keep the pattern of sound teaching... guard the good deposit of the gospel... despite everyone in Asia abandoning me... and may God have mercy on Onesiphorus".
No comments:
Post a Comment