Friday, 9 October 2026

1 Timothy 1 (résumé): Warning against false teachers of the Law

Paul now writes a pastoral epistle to his young co-worker and son in the faith Timothy giving him guidance on leading the church at Ephesus around the years 62-65 AD. 

Paul starts chapter 1 urging Timothy to remain in Ephesus in order to combat false doctrines... "The goal of this command is love, good conscience and sincere faith... so combat false teachers of the law that don't know what they're talking about... because law is made for lawbreakers... ungodly... killers... adulterers and perverts... slave traders and liars... which are all contrary to the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ... I thank Jesus for appointing me to his service... even though I was a persecutor I was shown mercy... and grace was poured upon me... for Christ came to save sinners of whom I am the worst... so to the King eternal be honour and glory forever, amen... Timothy... fight the good fight... hold on to faith and a good conscience". 

No comments:

Post a Comment