Friday 16 April 2021

These boots are made for walking

I always walk at Green Pastures in boots. I bought the boots in England I think it was 4 years ago. I buy boots in the UK because my feet are bigger that Brazilian shoe shops tend to stock. I wear boots because they protect me from the many thorns in the bush here and they help protect me from possible snake bites. So you can imagine my sadness when my boots developed big holes in the soles! However a Patos cobbler has brilliantly solved the problem and stuck big lumps of heavy duty tires on the bottom of my boots. They are as good as new again! 😁

I was greatly saddened yesterday at the death of my long time friend in João Pessoa, Marilo Costa, who had been in intensive care with Covid for 12 days. We worked together a lot in the late 70s and early 80s evangelizing students with the Christian Inter-Varsity ministry. Please pray for his wife and family.

I was up again at 5 am this morning for the second and final day of the LST Research Conference. The first paper today was by Dr. Grant Mason on Secularization, Modernization and the Local Church from 1919 up to the present day. Then there was a very interesting lecture on Faith and Extraterrestrial Intelligence. The Conference was well worth getting up early for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment