Wednesday 14 April 2021

Ana Carolina

Ana Carolina is the name of a 19 year old woman who was once a pupil of the EAB Action Primary School which bears the name of our late beloved missionary Pastor Frank Dyer. This young woman has just sent us a lovely testimony of her love and gratitude for our school. She writes: "I have always loved the Pastor Frank Dyer School. I have fond memories of this blessed and happy place which has such competent teachers. Recently people who know me and my love for children and education said to me that now I have finished High School why don't I train to become a teacher? I thought about this for a few months and then I applied to the university and was accepted! I am now in the first term of my teacher training course and am absolutely loving it. I know I have a long way to go to my graduation but I am already dreaming about whether God would bless me to one day become a teacher at my dear old EAB Action School!"

Last night it rained 21 mm at Green Pastures Nature Reserve and Christian Conference Centre. That is nearly an inch of rain which helps our situation a bit but we need a lot more rain as still the lake and river are bone dry. We need abundant heavy monsoon-like rainfall to fill the lake. Liz and I walked at Green Pastures yesterday and looked at the work the painters are doing painting the wooden playground equipment which hadn't been painted for 5 years. The painting work is brightening up the swings, slides and see-saws ready for new camps once the pandemic is over. Our playgrounds are made of wood as wood is cooler for the children to play on in the intense heat here. Metal would be unbearable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment