Friday 9 April 2021

Pastor home

It was wonderful that yesterday afternoon EAB/ACEV Pastor Umbirajara in João Pessoa finished his spell in hospital with Covid and is now at home. As he left he read part of Psalm 46 to the nurses and sang with them part of the song "Because He lives I can face tomorrow". Umbirajara's exit from hospital was quite an event. I spoke to him last night and he was profusely thankful to all who prayed for him.

I received the news flash on my mobile phone this morning from the BBC that Prince Philip had died aged 99. This highlights how much communications have progressed between Britain and the interior of northeastern Brazil! There was a time when the only communication was letters which took months to arrive or you could hold your ear to a short wave radio and sometimes hear the news, as long as it was 3 pm when reception was clearer. Now I received the news at the same time people received it in the UK. My sister Jean sent me a message on WhatsApp to tell me what I already knew!

I've got an empty arm this morning (for those who remember Hancock's Half Hour!) after Liz and I had blood tests done for cholesterol, glucose etc. as our routine bi-annual tests. Our blood was collected at our house by a nurse at 6.15 am. The home collection was in the light of the pandemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment