Saturday 10 April 2021

Faith & Science

Next week I will be attending the London School of Theology's Virtual Research Conference which will discuss if "Science and Faith are at odds?" The Keynote speaker will be Professor Andrew Steane who is a (Christian) lecturer of Physics at Oxford University and I will be up bright and early to listen to him at 5.30 am. I have been reading a paper he wrote which I received as preparatory reading for the Conference. The paper has the title: 'The Role of Science in the avenues of Understanding and Appreciating Nature', and it was very good. It is very good to re-charge ones spiritual batteries and be challenged by speakers such at Professor Steane.

I have now concluded writing year 2013 of my book on the history of the work here which will cover our first 80 years from 1938-2018. This means I have five years to go so am nearly there. I hope to publish the book this year. It is in Portuguese for a Brazilian audience. Every chapter (27 written so far) has been checked and corrected by Liz and then by Lynn. We will do a final overall read and check, and add photos, before sending it to the publishers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment