Sunday 23 August 2020

Prayer under the trees

 I went for a nice two and a half mile walk with my son Philip yesterday at Green Pastures. I have a couple of little benches under trees at two locations where I can stop for a rest in the shade and Philip and I stopped at one of these on the northern side and had a nice time of prayer together. It was really blessed and good. 

I have been having discussions with Pastor Gersé who leads the first EAB/ACEV church at Princesa Isabel which is our oldest church. I say first church because we now have two in the town. They lost a good church elder there to Covid-19 but an older sister there has recovered. They have a child in treatment in Recife at the moment suspected of having the virus. Gersé tells me that the faith of a number of the church members is really being tried at this time. 

All is set for the main service of the week (Sunday night). I will lead the service and Pastor Lucena will preach. Lucena is a retired Congregational church pastor who joined us after retiring. We worked together for many years at the Patos Bible College and we have always got on well together. He is a good help in the church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment