Monday 18 January 2016

Trip to the Ceará Outreach

My trip to the Ceará Outreach went well. I left on Saturday at 4am and got there at 9am. I immediately launched into meetings with the leaders of the event to understand how things were going. I am glad to say thing went very well and there were a number of decisions for Christ during the 10 days.

I visited the team after my meeting with the leaders and saw them in action in a community. They were helping a very poor community in all sorts of practical ways with a doctor attending the sick and ladies doing manicures and haircuts and others playing with crowds of kids. Wonderful!


Following this I went to visit some folk in a neighbouring County who have interest in joining EAB/ACEV but we didn't feel right about this (as this stage anyway). I had lunch there and then went to see a new seedlings production project we are due to start up shortly to spread native trees to reforest destructed areas. Then we went on to another County to visit another new group who are now part of EAB/ACEV. This was really good.

At night I preached in the closing service in the open-air and all went very well. We slept in Ceará and headed back to Patos on Sunday morning in good time for the Patos church service.

No comments:

Post a Comment