Saturday 23 January 2016

Late night!

Tonight is going to be a late one as I am to conduct a wedding at 8pm, but what time will the bride actually turn up? She says she'll be on time but so do they all! I am not long-winded with my wedding cermonies, but I can't see us getting away from the church before 10pm allowing for bride's delay, about an hour's ceremony and then photos afterwards. Then we still have to go to the reception for a meal. Help!

My sermon is ready for tomorrow night on Acts 14 and the second part of Paul's 1st Missionary journey focusing on courage in preaching the Gospel, giving all glory to God and establishing local leadership. If you read Acts 14 you will see why these points will be stressed (I hope!). 

QPR drew this afternoon 1 x 1. I forecast we would win 2 x 1 so wasn't far off. I forecast the scorer correctly. This season I am in 6th place in the prediction league. They changed the rules this time round and you get most points if you guess exactly the correct score which is a bit crazy and like doing the lottery!

The rainy season continues well here and hopefully we will get more rain at Green Pastures tonight. We are just half a millimetre short of a total of 200mm this rainy season. May it long continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment