Monday 18 January 2016

Tragic Accident just outside Patos

Late yesterday afternoon I was here in my office preparing for the evening service when I heard lots of police and ambulance sirens. Sadly this if often what I hear on Sundays owing to drivers worse for a day of drinking. I do not know if this was the cause of yesterday's tragedy but it usually is. A fine rain was also falling which complicates things as drivers aren't used to rain here.

When I got to church a policeman from our church phoned Liz to ask for prayer as he was on duty and at the horrific scene of the accident involving 2 cars on the road which goes in the direction of Green Pastures. Of the 8 people in the vehicles 7 were killed including 2 children. 1 young man (not a driver) will survive. One family was from Sousa and the other from Natal. So very sad.

I drove past the location of the accident this morning on the way to Green Pastures. The vehicles have been removed but there is still a lot of debris and mess there.

No comments:

Post a Comment