Saturday 9 January 2016

EAB Annual Team Outreach starts

I went to Green Pastures yesterday morning and had a good walk, especially looking over the "Woman's Rock" area where we have planted hundreds of cactus plants this week. We will be adding more next week and this cacti area of the Reserve is really taking shape nicely. here are some photos I took yesterday.


We had another 11mm of rain on Thursday night, none last night but hope for more over the weekend according to forecasts. This takes us up to 77mm since rain started on December 18th which is about 3 inches. We need about 40 inches between now and May to replenish the dry reservoirs, so please keep praying.

Once back from Green Pastures I started on preparing my sermon for this Sunday night in Patos. I am going to continue the theme of challenging the church to accelerate evangelism in 2016 from last week's sermon. This week I'm going to preach on Paul's 1st Missionary journey.

Philip, Louisa, Sacha and Biba (her husband) are travelling the long journey to Ceará State today to sing and play with the Patos church band at the big opening of the annual January team outreach there. Liz and I will be going there next Friday and Saturday. Your prayers are valued. The team arrived there yesterday and had a welcome meeting last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment