Sunday 10 March 2024

Green Pastures Walk

On Friday afternoon I went for a lovely walk at Green Pastures which is really green in this rainy season. I saw the footprints of a Racoon and of an aquatic bird called a Wattled Jacana. I also saw the markings in the soil of the 6-banded Armadillo. I also saw thousands of large flying ants and countless butterflies. The Wild Cavies were on the move too and I saw 2 of them. Sadly I also saw a large dead wild tortoise which was caught in the river in the heavy rains and drowned.

On Friday night I had a good meeting with the leaders of the Patos youth and we discussed the plans for the first half of this year. These include a day at Green Pastures on April 13th and a youth camp at Green Pastures between June 21st and 24th. Please pray for our youth. 

This week our projects team has been travelling a lot monitoring the progress of our market garden project in a number of places. They have also been visiting families at Barra de Oitis as part of the selection process for the building of further toilet/shower units. One lady they visited is 81 and has never had a toilet in her life!

Yesterday QPR lost at home to Middlesbrough 2 x 0.

I led the weekly service last night of our Green Pastures church. It was a lovely service with about 30 present and the local folk took part with lots of praise. One of our Bible College students and youth leader Rayla brought the evening's message.

No comments:

Post a Comment