Sunday 24 March 2024

BBC Global Minds

I am a member of the BBC's Global Minds listeners and watchers panel and have just replied to a survey concerning the BBC's new mission statement. About once a month they carry out a survey on some topic and it is always a pleasure to do my bit for the BBC. I have been on the panel for as long as I can remember as I used to be on it when I used to listen to the BBC at 3 pm every day on short wave radio! Now we have it on TV and via their website.

On Friday night a team from the Patos church went to the pituresque and tiny village of Picotes in the county of Sao Mamede. They held a blessed service at the home of Olga and her husband Etinho who are members of our church.

I have just received the sad news of the death of Margaret Irish in Australia who was the wife of David Irish for 57 years. They were missionaries to Papua New Guinea for many years. Our thoughts and prayers are with David and all the family who are consolled by the fact that Margaret is with the Lord.

I led the service last night at Green Pastures and Bible College graduate Murilo gave a good message from John 21. Nega sang together with three other sisters followed by Manoel who sang a solo. Sacha led the praise and worship with Lucas on guitar. It was a nice meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment