Monday 24 April 2023

QPR

On Saturday QPR went to Burnley to play the league leaders. QPR are in danger of relegation so the game was viewed with much trepidation. In the match Burnley had 84% of control of the ball. They hit the QPR bar, had a ball headed off the QPR goal line and another ball was ruled not to be their goal by goal line technology. Despite all this pressure QPR miraculously won the game 2 x 1. I am very happy! 😀

On Saturday night I went to Green Pastures to lead what was an excellent service. A good little crowd gathered and Liz led the prayer. Local farming people Fred, Dodora, Sabrina and Manoel took part with songs and words of testimony. Louisa led the worship with her husband Tiago on guitar. Then it was most encouraging to hear a wonderful sermon by Bible College student Murilo. It was great! He preached on Colossians 3:1-4 and I have asked him to repeat the sermon the next time he preaches in Patos. Parallel to the sermon Rebeca taught the children which was very good.

On Saturday night, in the UK, Cadnam Methodist church held their annual musical concert to raise support for EAB. I hear that it went very well with a full church, and raised over 1,500 pounds. I was especially pleased to know that our grandson Luis, aged 6, sang beautifully and that our son Philip did some guitar solos. Our sincerest thanks go to all at the church, especially to Howard & Hillary Babey who are the main organizers of the concert.

I have had a visit in my office from Pastor Cesário Júnior from João Pessoa, who came to get a copy of my book about the history of EAB/ACEV. Cesário is 59 today and I baptized him when he was 15. It is always a joy to see the fruit of our labours.

I led the service in Patos last night and Pastor Ângelo from Soledade preached the Word on thanksgiving. It was a good service with a full church.  

No comments:

Post a Comment