Monday 7 February 2022

Saturday night

I led the communion service at Green Pastures on Saturday night and I preached the Gospel with a sermon on "I am the door" (John 10:9). This was the third sermon in a series on the seven "I am" statements in John's Gospel. I had previously done "I am the bread of life" (John 6:35) and "I am the light of the world" (John 8:12).

The well at Macambira dos Lúcios Community is nearing completion. Our projects team is back in action after their January break. The half a kilometer pipeline has now been laid from the well to the village centre. The electric pump will now be installed in the well and then we will need the electricity board to link the project to the mains electricity. We hope that all this will be done this month so that we can officially inaugurate the well and hold a thanksgiving service in March.

We have completed another toilet/shower unit at Barra de Oitis and I hope to have some good photos by next week of the jubilant family benefitted by the project who have a toilet/shower for the first time in their lives. 

Last night's main Sunday service was excellent with our daughter Sacha preaching on the life of Ruth. She really preached well. Assistant pastor Rafael led the service. However straight after the service we received the news that ex EAB missionary Ben Price has tested positive for Covid at Ibiara, having been with us on Friday and Saturday. Liz and I now wait to see if we have caught it from him. We value your prayers. Up till now we have no symptoms at all. Ben is due to fly back to England a week today.

No comments:

Post a Comment