Saturday 5 February 2022

Barbed Wire

The revamp and modernization of EAB's Care Centre presses on. The area has been fenced off with fence posts and barbed wire brought in from Green Pastures. I have now returned the excess barbed wire. On the way to Green Pastures I saw a Burrowing Owl perched on a fencing post which flew to its burrow as I reached it. I also saw a wild Cavy which simply ignored me as I went past it. Whilst there I saw and heard a Shiny Cowbird.

We have a Long-billed Wren nesting in the main kitchen at Green Pastures. It nested in the kitchen doorway last year and this year it has made its nest out of tree bark on top of pots and pans.

Ex EAB Missionary Ben Price has been with us since yesterday when he arrived for a visit before lunch. We have had lovely fellowship with him and yesterday afternoon we took him for a nice walk at Green Pastures where it rained 11 mm last night. He will be leaving after lunch today and will be speaking at a Bible College graduation in Itaporanga. He will return to the UK on the 14th.

Please pray for our pastor João George who is the assistant pastor at Imaculada. He is ill with Covid. In the last 24 hours there were 219,298 new cases of Covid in Brazil and there were 1,074 deaths. The pandemic situation has become very serious again here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment