Wednesday 15 December 2021

Mango

I have just eaten three lovely large slices of Mango, which I hope makes your mouth water. We were given 10 large mangos by a member of our Patos church who is a fireman. He had been given a lot of Mangos by a successful farmer in Pernambuco State and kindly passed some on to us. We are keeping the seeds to plant at Green Pastures.

33 young people took part in their Christmas pizza party last night in the church's side hall. They ate pizza and played games of bingo with different little prizes for the winners! It went on pretty late as Louisa didn't get in till after midnight. Our 22-year-old granddaughter Louisa will be flying to Heathrow, via Lisbon, this Saturday. She will be staying in the UK with her parents and brothers for 2 months, but plans to be back in Brazil in time for the carnival camp at Green Pastures.

We were due to officially inaugurate a new well at Macambira dos Lúcios this coming Friday, but this has been postponed until the new year because the team will not be able to get it finished this week. I thought when they combined with me to preach at the thanksgiving service that it would be pushing it for the 17th, but now they have realized it will be impossible. It's better to finish the job properly taking the necessary time.

Yesterday evening I went on a routine visit to my Doctor Felícia. She remarked how my diabetes has been in remittance for years without any medication. I have a lot to be thankful for. My blood pressure was perfect at 120/80. Now I do a battery of routine blood tests to complete my check-up. 

On Monday evening the Women's fellowship held a goodbye meeting for sister Magaly who is moving today to Recife with her husband Pastor Lucena. Yesterday evening it was the Men's fellowship's turn to say goodbye to Pastor Lucena and 22 men turned up for the emotional meeting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment