Friday 3 December 2021

Brazilian Passport

I had to go to the Federal Police's office in Patos yesterday afternoon to renew my Brazilian passport. The policeman who attended me asked me if I was Sacha's father. He then told me that the electronic checking of my fingerprints would be unlikely to work (which it didn't) as "beyond 60 years of age fingerprints wear out!" I now have to go and pick my new passport up in 10 days time. I am still waiting for news about the renewal of Liz and I's British passports, but I have renewed my British driving licence on line.

I have been preparing my sermon for this Sunday on Mark 2 - called "This is Jesus - 2". Doing a chapter at a time, in a 30 minute sermon, the idea is to get people to think back to what it must have been like reading the Gospel of Mark for the first time some 1,965 years back and reading "This is Jesus!" (Mark was probably the first Gospel written) On Sunday I will cover Jesus' authority to forgive sin & heal; Jesus' calling of Levi (Matthew) & the controversial meal at his home; Fasting and the fact that Jesus is Lord of the sabbath.

The end of year services are now organized. A week on Sunday (12th) we will have our annual church business meeting in the morning. This day is Bible Day in Brazil. On Christmas Eve we will have our main Christmas service at 7:30 pm. On New Year's Eve we will hold our watchnight service also at 7:30 pm. Sunday services will be as normal at 6:30 pm.

Last night I had a nice time of fellowship with a young pastor from another denomination. His name is Williton. It was nice to share about our respective ministries. I hope and pray I was an encouragement to the young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment