Tuesday 7 December 2021

BBC

I keep myself informed about world affairs watching the BBC World News on TV every lunch time and following the BBC News online. I am part of the BBC 'Global Minds' followers panel. I sometimes watch a bit of CNN at night. I subscribe to the Brazilian national newspaper online 'Folha de São Paulo' to keep myself in touch with Brazilian politics and affairs. I read this first thing every morning.

The Sunday service in Patos, which I led and preached at, was very good. I preached Mark 2 entitled 'This is Jesus!' - part 2. At our Soledade church, which is in transition to a new leader, our renewal team from Campina Grande was in action with Pastor Jânio preaching God's Word. We value your prayers for this church.

We have received photos from Antonio Rufino & Maria de Fátima at the Tamanduá Community showing their new Chicken Pen. They are very content with this help to their income. The new well at Macambira dos Lúcios is working out very well and will be officially inaugurated on the 17th, when we will hold a community thanksgiving service and preach the Gospel. The wide-mouth well has hit a good amount of water for which we praise God. This well will be known as 'Sylvia's Well' as the funds were donated in memory of Sister Sylvia Pusey.

My latest book in the Blitz Detective series has just arrived. I was starting to suffer with withdrawal symptoms as 'The Dockland Murder' by Mike Hollow took a long time in coming via the Brazilian section of Amazon. I see from the book's cover that the murder victim is a member of the Home Guard this time. I only hope it's not Captain Mannering or Corporal Jones!

Last night we had our Pastor Lucena with us crying his eyes out because him and his wife will be moving away from Patos to Recife around the end of the year. Lucena is a retired Congregationalist pastor who has settled in very nicely with us over the past 5 years in our Patos church. Lucena worked with me a lot in the Patos Bible College and has been a great friend for many years. We will miss them a lot.

Our daughter Lynn is now recovering well from her surgery and is getting over a post-op infection. Thanks for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment