Monday 16 December 2019

Anything with two heads is a monster!

I think this title of a study into marital equality and domestic violence brilliant. The study is written by Heidi M Levitt from the University of Massachusettes, Boston, USA. How sadly indeed attitudes can be so polarized on such issues and even sadder when, in my view, they are based on a total misunderstanding of original Biblical contexts and meanings. I could hardly believe it last week when someone asked to be my friend on Facebook and when I checked who he was I saw he has just posted a video in which a wife was affirming "how wonderful it is to be ordered around by my husband"! I turned down his request. How sad that people think that is Biblical spirituality! People adjust their discourses and behaviour according to bananas interpretations of Scripture! 

I believe marriages form teams! Teams need a leader but they certainly don't need a dictator! If Liz had been a yes woman Lord only knows where I would have ended up!

No comments:

Post a Comment