Monday 4 September 2023

Saturday night

I led the weekly service of the Green Pastures church on Saturday night and a group of adolescents from Patos went there in support. One of our youth leaders, Rayla, was who preached the Gospel from James 5. Paulo Silas, Josué, Dodora, Manoel and the women's group led by Nega also took part. It was a good service. 

On Saturday morning I was asked to go to the girls' English school to do a half hour conversation session with one of the classes. I went through something of my life's story with them and heard about theirs. I gave them a copy of my book 'From Notting Hill to Brazil' which I wrote 15 years ago. 

You will be delighted to know that QPR beat Middlesborough 2 x 0 away on Saturday. This takes us up to 17th place (with 6 points) out of the 24 teams in the football Championship. We just need to start winning games at home now! 

Yesterday was 'Missions Sunday' for all our churches as it was on September 2nd 1938 that our founders Albert & Daisy Munday first arrived in Brazil. All our churches held a special missions day. In Patos Liz spoke to the Sunday School children about the early days of EAB and showed them photos. At night we had an effective monologue presented by Dilma, Rafael preached on 'Living the Mission of God', and I led the service which was also a communion service.

No comments:

Post a Comment