Thursday 15 June 2023

Snake

 On Tuesday evening I travelled to the town of São Mamede (25 minutes by car north-east of Patos) to lead a street service together with the Patos men's fellowship. We go there every fortnight and a small group of new converts is forming there. As I took my seat I noticed a snake under the chair! It was a Bothrops erytromelas which is a very venomous snake. We removed the snake and started the service. About 40 people gathered and it went very well. Chico, Segundo, Tiago, Paulo Silas, Rose, Flávio, Dodora and Dedé all took part and Rafael preached from Luke 7. One man came and spoke to me after the service and told me he had been very impacted by the Gospel.

Liz and I had a good long walk at Green Pastures and saw very close up a pair of Pigmy Nightjars. We also saw a flock of Crested Caracaras, which are a type of falcon, as well as a Striated Heron. We brought back two buckets of lemons.

Liz and I had a meeting with a couple whom I will be marrying next month called João Paulo and Juliana. They are a mature couple that have both come from previous marriages in which they had children. We discussed all the details of the wedding set for July 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment