Thursday 23 March 2023

Rio Grande do Norte

For over a week now violence, shootings, murders, bus and car torchings, public building burnings etc. have overshadowed the next State north of us called Rio Grande do Norte. We have one church in that state in the town of Ipueira. The riots and violence are being ordered by organized crime syndicates inside the jails. The prisoners are protesting about their bad prison conditions. Please pray.

I have been to the wake of 92 year old Maria Barbosa who died on Monday. She was our granddaughters' Alice and Bia's paternal great grandmother.

I led Sunday's main service and our third-year Bible College student, Murilo Cézar, preached the Gospel from John 1:1-14. He was excellent.

I have prepared a new sermon on Psalm 84.

Some of you have informed me that a final single party of a bride-to-be is called in English a hen party! Thank you for completing my education. I understand that in the case of the groom-to-be it would be a stag party, but I have never heard of them here.

I enjoyed the Men's Fellowship meeting last night. There were 14 present including the Chief of Patos Police Esaú who is the leader. We reflected together on Psalm 13.

President Lula is going to Santa Luzia today which is 42 km east of Patos. He is going to inaugurate the electricity generating wind farm which has been constructed in the mountains there.

I have had meetings with Pastor Oseias from Itaporanga.  

No comments:

Post a Comment