Thursday 25 August 2022

Engagement

My assistant pastor Rafael has become engaged to a young lawyer from our church called Rayla Rodrigues. Rayla is part of the youth leadership. Rafael and Rayla have asked me to conduct a little ceremony this Friday night to officially celebrate their engagement so I have been preparing for this. I have never done an engagement ceremony before. I have conducted countless weddings, but never an engagement. The ceremony on Friday will be followed by a party.

Petrol stations in Brazil put the petrol in your car for you. I called in to one to fill up my jeep with petrol and the silly attendant put 12 litres of diesel in before he realized his mistake. My jeep is now at a garage to drain the petrol tank. What a pain!

I have just done a reference for a young woman called Anna Beatriz from the Patos church who is applying to work as a volunteer next year at Ashburnham Place which is a Christian Conference Centre in East Sussex, England. Please pray for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment