Friday 7 January 2022

Sunday School

We have cancelled Sunday School for this week because so many people have gone away in this holiday month. It meant we only had two teachers so it was non-viable. May everyone have a nice break. On Sunday we will only have the main service at night at which I will both lead and preach.

Brazil has been without Covid statistics for a month now so we don't know where we are. I strongly believe that the system's "hack" was carried out by the government itself as President Bolsonaro has tried to hide the statistics from the press in the past. 

I am studying the law in the Old Testament. I have covered the Decalogue in Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5. I then covered the Book of the Covenant from Exodus 20:22 to the end of Exodus 23. I have since studied the 27 chapters of the Levitical Collection and I will now go on to the Deuteronomic Collection. Thus I am covering all the main blocks of Biblical law. This is a challenging part of Scripture which demands careful reflection and interpretation in the light of its primitive cultural context.

Liz had a meeting with the architect and the builder yesterday and the modernization of the Care Centre is to start a week on Monday (17th).

Pastor Renilson and his wife Getiane in Matureia visited little Maria Julielly yesterday, as she is out of hospital after having one of her kidneys removed. They gave her a belated Christmas present which really made her smile! 

No comments:

Post a Comment