Sunday 9 January 2022

Counselling

Liz and I usually go for a walk at Green Pastures on a Friday afternoon, but this week I went alone as Liz had a counselling session with a mother of our church whose name I cannot mention. Please pray for this young Mum with two children. The couple have serious marital problems and the sister is very low and sad.

Now that we've had five and a half inches of rain everything is green. All the dormant seeds in the ground have come to life and are sprouting. Of special note are the large-leaved creeper plants which are already 30 or 40 cm off the ground as they seek trees to climb up. There are countless thousands of them. Birds are very active making nests. I saw a nest in a large cactus plant, but I don't know which species it belongs to. I saw a pair of Brown-crested Flycatchers very close. I also heard and saw a Pearly-vented Tody-tyrant and a White-naped Xenopsaris. I post these official English names of fauna for the benefit of anyone interested in the wildlife of our region. For me care for creation is an important Christian task to move in the direction of the future new heavens and a new earth

I led last night's service at Green Pastures and a good number gathered after the Christmas and New Year's break. Bible college student Murilo preached very well on the new birth. Local farming folk Sabrina, Dodores and Nega also took part in the service. Fernanda was received into fellowship.

No comments:

Post a Comment