Sunday 15 August 2021

Green Pastures Service

Last night I preached at the Green Pastures church service. Assistant pastor Rafael led the service and local girl Sabrina did a Bible reading. I preached on John 6:35 - "Jesus declared, I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty". It was noticeably hotter in the service last night.

On Friday afternoon Liz and I went to Green Pastures to check the work being done to renovate the dormitory block A and the school rooms there. The school should be back with in-person teaching for local farmers' children in September and we will need the dormitories for church events as from October.

Whilst at Green Pastures Liz and I went for a walk and saw some Pied-billed Grebes and a Burrowing Owl. 

Pastor Nemias tells me that the drainage system at a lady's tiny house at Flores has been duly fixed. We sent funds to do this as the situation was so serious. Nemias sent us a video showing the finished job. The lady is extremely grateful to no longer have an open drain literally right on her front door step.

No comments:

Post a Comment