Monday 3 February 2020

Counselling

There is always plenty of counselling ministry for Liz and I. We spent a nice time with one young Christian man in the last few days and we also visited Sandra who is a Down's Syndrome lady. She loves it when we are with her and she loves to sing hymns with me. She beams smiling and she remembers the words of old hymns quite well. Bless her!

I celebrated my birthday eating a pizza with all the family and that was nice. The church gave me a shirt and a new wallet as my old one had been noticed to be falling apart! Honestly!

Communion service was lovely yesterday. I preached on Matthew 5:6 - "Hungering and thirsting for righteousness". A young Bible School student of ours gave a short meditation prior to Communion in preparation for it which was nice. 

I had a long walk very early yesterday morning at Green Pastures and managed to photograph for the first time a gorgeous Striped Owl (Asio clamator) which is a fairly large and beautiful owl about 42 cm tall. This species had been registered at Green Pastures at night by our automatic cameras, but I had never seen one personally. However recently I have seen this large owl perching in one specific place near the lake, but every time I tried to get near enough to photograph it, it flew off and I couldn't even see which species it was. I thought it might be a Barn Owl. So yesterday I very slowly approached the location from a different angle and it worked!

Tomorrow I will be speaking at the Men's Fellowship (Book of Daniel) and the Bible Study (Deuteronomy) will be on Thursday. In between I have a meeting on Skype with Tearfund as things are complicated with them these days helping with any projects. It's quite a headache. On Friday I have a meeting with our deaf pastor.

Please pray for us and for the soon coming Carnival Camp at Green Pastures starting on the 22nd of this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment