Saturday 8 February 2020

Busy & blessed week

The Men's Fellowship meeting on Tuesday was especially blessed and the 2 brothers who came to Christ though this ministry last year were both in the meeting.

On Wednesday I took part in a Skype meeting with the new Tearfund leader in Brazil who lives in the south at São Paulo. Unfortunately it was confirmed, as I had suspected, that Tearfund has decided to cut back on funding work in Brazil so that is a further challenge to the work here on top of all the other difficulties in the funding field. I also went for an eye test and I am going to have to wear sunglasses out and about. The doctor has been pressurizing me on this matter and I have resisted, as I like to see small aspects of nature when out walking, but I am going to have to give in.

On Thursday I took the Bible study and we had a good study progressing through chapters 5 and 6 of Deuteronomy. Then yesterday I had another meeting with deaf pastor Luis Carlos to get feedback on the ministry and discuss a few matters. There are 28 doing the latest Brazilian sign language course we always run each year. The Deaf's annual Conference will be in July.

With 2 weeks to go to the Carnival Camp it is all stations go preparing for this. I am today working on my opening message. There is of course so much preparation to do. You have no idea! All the dormitory roofs were overhauled this year as the clay tiles are prone to leaks and the massive amount of trees shed many leaves which block up roofing channels causing leakage problems in an eventual heavy rain. One has to think of everything! We value your prayers for the camp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment