Saturday 27 November 2021

Nationwide Meeting

I took part in a 4-hour meeting of RENAS today online, which is a network of Brazilian evangelical Christian organizations that practice social community action. Whilst I was in this meeting our daughter Lynn got back to Patos after her surgery.

Yesterday I went for a good walk at Green Pastures. I heard the Red-legged Seriema which are large birds between 70 and 90 cm tall. I also heard the Stripe-backed Antbird and the Long-billed Wren. I also noticed that the two Turkey chicks that have hatched had been put into a different pen separate from the guinea pigs because the chicks were killing the guinea pigs with their sharp beaks. We keep some animals like this especially for the children.

Last night there was the usual Friday night sign language lesson training new interpreters for work with the deaf. This work is led by our deaf pastor Luis Carlos. The deaf and interpreters are also preparing a presentation for our special Christmas Eve service. The drama group is also preparing a short play with reduced numbers owing to the pandemic.

I have also been doing a lot of ACEV church administrative work. On Thursday night was the usual Bible study going through the book of James.   

No comments:

Post a Comment