Sunday 5 September 2021

Rat

The Thursday night Bible study in our Patos church was hindered by an awful smell which was unexplained. By Friday morning the smell was yet worse so we investigated further and found a nest of rats underneath the floor in a store room with one extremely large rat dead. All was removed, disposed of and filled with cement. Problem solved!

Our daughter Lynn was in João Pessoa this week having medical check-ups but thankfully avoided a main road which suddenly produced a large deep crater which swallowed a car with a father and daughter in it. Thankfully the people were rescued.

Last night's communion service at Green Pastures was lovely. I led the service and Pastor Lucena preached. Louisa and Fábio led the worship and the birds were singing louder than ever last night. At Green Pastures I saw three Black-necked Stilts and I heard an orange and black Campo Troupial singing. I received my Bible back last night which has been repaired as the cover had come apart. For less than 4 pounds I have a new cover on my Bible!

I will be leading the communion service tonight in Patos and I will be preaching too on the Parable of the Good Samaritan as an example of a complete missionary. The theme of missions will be in the service as September 2nd was the 83rd anniversary of when the work here of EAB started in Brazil back in 1938. The service tonight will also be a thanksgiving service for the promotion of our military man Esau who has just been promoted to Lieutenant Coronel. Esau leads our Men's fellowship and is also a deacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment