Tuesday 13 July 2021

History

Having finished my book on the history of the work here, in Portuguese, I have now organized all 29 chapters and I'm in the process of going through these and inserting some photos into the text. I will then write the preface and final conclusions as well as do a final check up on the whole thing. I remain on target to publish the book on the first 80 years of ACEV/EAB (1938-2018) this year.

I am sorry that England lost the Euro Football Championship to Italy in the final. I watched the first 90 minutes but couldn't watch extra time or the penalties as I had to go to church. I only learnt the result after the service. I thought England played well in the first half but were tactically outplayed in the second half. I was disgusted to learn of the racial insults made to the players who missed the penalties.

The Sunday service went well. I led the service and I invited a young lawyer to preach. Rayla spoke from Psalm 146 and did very well.

Covid continues to bring suffering and death to our region. A young 30 year old man called Fábio Lima from our Tavares church died at the weekend which was an enormous shock to the church and of course to his family. Our Patos church has Márcio Alencar in hospital with 50% lesioned lungs and on oxygen. His 12 year old daughter Maryana also has Covid but she has it mildly so far. Please pray.

Liz and I are feeling lighter headed having had our hairs cut yesterday! 👨 👩 

No comments:

Post a Comment