Saturday 19 June 2021

Match

I watched the England x Scotland football match yesterday afternoon and I was not surprised to see it was a close game which could have gone either way. I thought QPR's Dykes played very well for Scotland and I can't see England getting very far in the tournament.

Last night's training session for our online communications team went very well and lasted 3 hours!

I went to an ophthalmologist yesterday as a few days ago I woke up in the morning with a swollen left eye and every morning it has been the same. I thought it was going to be a sty or that Liz was bashing me in the night! The doctor prescribed some drops and an ointment to put in the eye at night. I awoke today with the eye much better.

I finished reading René Padilla's book on integral mission yesterday just before the football. It was very good. I have traced another book on the same subject to a used book shop in São Paulo so am in the process of buying it. The book is from 1992. In the meantime I am going to have a look at C.J.H. Wright's - The Mission of God's People, which I already have.

I have just spoken to Caetano from our church in Patos who has been in hospital with Covid but is now home and improving from the after effects of the disease. I have also been talking to the daughter of Pastor Fátima of a Pentecostal church in João Pessoa who is dangerously ill in hospital with Covid. Fátima is in intensive care and doesn't know that her husband has died with Covid whilst she fights the disease. Please pray.

This week's work on the church building being erected for the glory of God at Travessia Village in Manaira County has gone well. We are now almost ready to start putting the roofing timber on.

No comments:

Post a Comment