Friday 7 December 2018

Children's Outing + Anniversary Service

Thursday's exausting but excellent day went well, visiting 2 new church plants at Belém and Jurema plus inaugurating another well at Serrão which was all made extra interesting as in that region, and not ours, they had two inches of rain the night before. This meant negotiating a long muddy road where the Jeep was in its element!

At Belém the church plant is quite well established with 7 committed Christians about to be baptized and another 8 regularly going to church. We have our own little church building there already too which helps stabilize things further. Please remember this place in your prayers.

At Jurema things are tougher at the end of the first year with just a teenage lad professing faith in Christ to date but another 5 come regularly to church. There has been much Catholic hostility to us at Jurema. The lady who rented us a house for our team was kicked out of her roles that she had in the Catholic church is just one example. Please pray.

At Serrão we then inaugurated another well in this very poor community which was so grateful. A good crowd gathered for the service and after I had spoken I had a surprising experience. For a man came up to me and asked me if I used to have a Gospel radio programme in the 80s? When I said yes he told me that as I started to speak he recognized my voice as he used to listen to my preaching every day! I was amazed and very encouraged. Please pray for him and all this community.

In the morning I will be taking children from the EAB Pastor Frank Dyer School in Patos to Green Pastures for an outing and then in the afternoon will be travelling to Princesa Isabel to speak at their anniversary service in the evening. We value your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment