Thursday 22 August 2024

Finch

I went for a walk at Green Pastures and saw Pileated Finches, a Burrowing Owl, a flock of Cactus Parakeets, Picui Ground Doves and White-tipped Doves. Along the way I saw umpteen Armadillo's burrows and masses of ant mounds and holes. More Deer tracks have been seen near the lake. I saw Black Jurema trees, Cashew Nut trees and Oiticica trees all in flower.

Tonight I led the mid-week prayer meeting and Bible study and I gave the study. First of all we discussed whether Sílvio Santos (a famous Jewish Brazilian TV presenter who died recently) has gone to heaven? I was asked this question by a Christian. We taught that people don't go to heaven because of their nationality. Salvation is available to all through Christ alone. After this we got into the study which was about the genealogies of Jesus in Matthew and Luke. Of special note were the mention of 4 "irregular" women in Mathew 1: Tamar, Rahab, Ruth and Bathsheba which point to God's mercy and grace. It was a lovely service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment