Saturday 10 August 2024

Dengue Fever

Deaths caused by dengue fever (transmitted by the mosquito) in 2024 in Brazil has passed the 5,000 mark which is over 4 times as many as those registered in 2023. Another 2,107 deaths are under investigation.

I am focused on preparing sermons for upcoming journeys to our churches at Curral Velho (Old Cow Pen), Flores (Flowers), Cedro (Cedar), Imaculada (Immaculate), Conceicao (Conception), Teixeira, Juru and Sao Mamede (Saint Mamede). Your prayers are valued for this and for my resident ministry at the church in Patos (Ducks).

On Thursday night I led the mid-week prayer meeting and Bible study. The praise was led by Erika, Rogerio and Netinho, and the study was given by pastor Rafael. 'My Bible verses' were read by Espedita, Mada, Dede, Marcio and Romildo. It was a good service.  

The temperature in Patos today shows a high of 34 degrees and a low in the night of 18 degrees. 

Yesterday a turbo-prop plane crashed in the south of Brazil in the state of Sao Paulo killing its 58 passengers and 4 crew.

Yesterday Liz and I went and visited brother Manoel near Green Pastures who has been most unwell recently. We prayed for him and his wife Miriam. They have 8 children, 38 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren.

Last night I went to a public meeting of the Patos town council. The meeting was called to discuss the serious problem of the chopping down of trees and desertification in our semi-arid region. I was asked to go and take part by Town Councillor Jose Gonçalves as I am well known in an our area for my defence of God's creation. It was a good positive meeting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment