Saturday 6 July 2024

Prayer

I led the mid-week prayer meeting and Bible study which went off very well despite numbers being down.

I saw the exit poll from the UK election before going to church, as 10 pm in the UK is 6 pm here, so I knew that Labour had won. I see that all the north-eastern constituencies have returned to Labour (including Bishop Auckland where my mother was born) and even Basingstoke (where our son Philip and his wife Gylmara voted) has gone from blue to red with the new MP having the Irish sounding name of Luke Murphy. I also noticed with interest that the Scottish Nationalists were nearly annihilated and that the Lib. Dems did exceptionally well. I watched the count on the BBC when I came home from church and watched it till nearly midnight. So congratulations to Sir Keir Starmer on becoming the new UK prime minister! I see he studied law at Leeds University where I studied for my Master's Degree in theology.

I go twice a week to the gym to keep up my exercises on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I enjoy this plus my walks at Green Pastures for my regular weekly exercise. On yesterday afternoon's walk I saw a Rufescent Tiger-Heron and a Red-cowled Cardinal, as well as a wild guinea pig.   

No comments:

Post a Comment