Monday 8 July 2024

More baptisms

A further 8 new converts were baptized last Sunday at our Campina Grande church in the borough of Catole led by pastor Wostenes. This church is our largest church and is progressing very well. Praise God!

On Saturday night Liz and I went in different directions to cover 2 engagements. Liz stayed in Patos to speak at sister Socorro Help's 80th birthday thanksgiving service at her home. I travelled up the mountain to Matureia taking a group of the youth with me in the Kombi. It took us an hour and a quarter's drive to get there and a bit longer to get back as you have to take it very slowly coming down the mountain with many incredibly steep sharp bends. It was our Matureia's church's anniversary service and I gave a short word there. The main speaker was Pastor Hamilton from our second church in Campina Grande and he spoke very well. I had important meetings after the service with the different pastors who were present. I also talked to the Mayor of Matureia who also was present together with 7 town councillors. 

Last night I both led and preached at the main service of the week in Patos. It was the monthly communion service and the church was filled to full capacity. I preached on 'In the beginning... God!' It was an overview of the first 3 chapters of Genesis covering: 1. The creation of heaven and earth. 2. The creation of Adam and Eve. 3. The spiritual battle between good and evil. 4. The fall. 5. The prophetic pointer to Christ in Genesis 3:15. The service was really blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment