Sunday 30 June 2024

Walk

I enjoyed my customary Friday afternoon walk at Green Pastures walking with Francisco who takes care of the place on a day-to-day basis. Whilst there I observed a Neotropic Cormorant, a Great Egret and a Southern Lapwing at the lake. I also saw a Grey-necked Wood-Rail which ran across the trail in front of us. It is rarely seen. I also saw a bright rust coloured Caatinga Cacholote and a beautiful orange Campo Troupial.

On Thursday night I stayed up late to watch the Biden/Trump USA presidential debate and was very sorry to see how embarassingly frail and at times incoherent was President Biden. Trump was his usual arrogant self, but I hate to admit that he won the debate.

We have just got back on a 3-hour drive from Manaira in the extreme west of Paraiba State where I preached at a special thanksgiving of our church there. The service was to thank God for the church's revamp which is beautiful and attracting many non-Christians to come and hear the Gospel. We drove there yesterday afternoon and had a meal with the pastor Francinaldo and his wife Carla before the service. We stayed with them last night. The church was packed out last night and there is a lovely spirit among all the church folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment