Thursday 18 February 2021

Gideon

 Having told you that our pastors Wostenes and Jânio in Campina Grande are better, I now have learnt that a member of the praise and worship group from their church called Gideão (Gideon) has gone into hospital with Covid-19. He has it worse than the pastors did and is on oxygen. Please pray for Gideão. 

We had an unusual half hour of rain in Patos yesterday afternoon (it mainly rains at night here) but unfortunately it didn't rain at Green Pastures.

Yesterday I registered with the London School of Theology for their 2021 Virtual Research Conference in April which will discuss the topic: "Are science and faith at odds?" with Andrew Steane, who is a physics professor at Oxford University. Also speaking at the Conference will be my old teacher Tony Lane who will speak on "the Christian Faith and extraterrestrial intelligence". There will be 3 other speakers, with all chaired by the principal Mark Cartledge. I found the conference I did with LST last year very good so I'm going to do this one now. It's a real challenging recharge of the spiritual batteries. I highly recommend it. It's free of charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment