Wednesday 15 June 2022

Fera School

On Monday I was the guide to the 45 Year Five students of the Fera School at Green Pastures. I was up at 6 am and the trail started at 8:30 and lasted for 2 hours. I led the students round the trails and talked to them about the different trees, plants, birds and animals in a place which is totally dedicated to preservation. I told the students how I first got my love for nature from my parents and in year one at Oxford Gardens Primary School where we used to hear a nature programme on the BBC every Friday afternoon. The idea of these school trips is to awaken interest in God's creation amongst children. It was amazing how quickly they tired today on our walk. Children just don't seem used to physical exercise any more.

Danrlei is 15 and the son of the Patos church firefighter. He got his parents to take him up the mountain to our Teixeira church as he wanted to officially ask the hand in courtship of the local pastor's daughter (also 15) called Emmily. All went off well so we now have another happy couple! All this happened on Saint Anthony's Day which is our equivalent of Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment