Thursday 8 October 2020

Oversight & coordination

 A lot of my daily work is taken up with the oversight and coordination in conjunction with all our leaders. In recent days I have had discussions with members of our senior leadership team involving a wide range of matters. Pastor Wostenes, who is my vice-chairman, is excellent. He pastors the first EAB/ACEV church at Campina Grande. He and his wife Gleydice are Liz and I's closest colleagues and friends. 

I have had discussion on money matters with our ACEV treasurer pastor Hamilton and with the projects treasurer Eduardo. I am in constant contact with Pastor Lindon Carlos at Imaculada who is our projects team leader. I often need to chat things over with his assistant leader and social worker Marah Danielle too. We are now about to drill a further well at Macambira Community in Princesa Isabel County and we are praying of course that we will hit water. Drilling 150 feet underground is always a challenge as you never know for sure if you will hit a vein of water. The location is defined by an expert but that doesn't make the endeavor a certainty by any means.

I am constantly in contact with Gerlânia who is our head-teacher at our Action School here in Patos. This the Pastor Frank Dyer School has once again just received top prize as the best school in its category in Patos. Gerlânia is a very capable and dedicated administrator who helps oversee all our Action Child Schools as well.

I am also busy working with my new assistant pastor Rafael in Patos who is doing very well, not forgetting in Patos our men's fellowship leader Esau. Esau is a lovely brother and a Major in the Patos Military Police.

Finally I must also mention my discussions with pastors Umbirajara and Manoel Oliveira Filho in João Pessoa. Despite the fact that they are 200 miles from me on the coast, modern technology allows us to share rich fellowship in Christ on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment