Monday 13 May 2019

100 not out!

Veteran EAB supporter Ivy Yoakley reached her century last week at Ledbury in England. Well done Ivy! I must confess that I find it difficult to call her 'Ivy' as she was always 'Mrs Yoakley' - and woe betide anyone that called people by their first name in those old days at Peniel Chapel which was my first church in Notting Hill when I was a child! Her husband went to glory years ago but she has never lost contact with us. We praise God for her faithfulness to the Mission. I was glad to hear that her son Richard was over from New Zealand for her birthday. He was who gave me the 'Blue Grass' monkey when I was a teenager which he smuggled into the country as he was in the Merchant Navy and brought it back from Africa! But that's another long eventful story! Another interesting link with Ivy is the fact that Liz's parents stayed at her house just off Ladbroke Grove for their honeymoon in 1948! Exotic honeymoon locations were the order of the day then!

No comments:

Post a Comment