Saturday 24 November 2018

Full Weekend

Yesterday I had a good 4.2 km walk at Green Pastures which is good for the body and good for the soul. 

I have worked a lot this week preparing for ministry this weekend as well as coordinating various church and project initiatives. In fact for us church and projects always go together.

This afternoon I will be speaking at a seminar which is part of the worldwide "Renew Our World" inter-church Christian environmental initiative. I have been asked to speak on enviromental justice in the semi-arid northeast of Brazil. I hope your church is linked to the https://renewourworld.net/ and realizes that God's first words to mankind involved our responsabilities in this field. Many Christians sadly consider this to be an optional extra but God put it first! Many Christians consider these things to be almost hindrances to the preaching of the Gospel but God put them first. If you think I'm wrong then perhaps you would like to read Genesis 1:27-28 where God created humanity and then gave them His very first instructions!

After the seminar I will travel to Soledade (one and a half hours east of Patos) and hold a meeting with local church leaders discussing the issues related to church growth in the region and leadership issues which arise. 

Then I will go into the third meeting of the day preaching the Gospel at the Soledade 25th anniversary service on Acts 13/14.

Then tomorrow, Sunday, I will be preaching in Patos on Psalm 23. God has spoken to me a lot from this Psalm recently so I am going to preach from this beautiful 'full of the Lord' poem as something fresh and alive for me.

Thank you for your prayers and support. We cannot over emphasize how important both are. The attacks and threats of the evil one are a constant and we can't always give details here. Please pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment